Welcome to XR Worcestershire
This is home to Extinction Rebellion campaigns relating to the whole of Worcestershire and is where all the local groups come together. Our demands are that government (in all its forms) Tell The Truth about the climate and ecological emergency, Act Now to address climate change and biodiversity loss and move Beyond Politics to create a Citizen’s Assembly to lead the way to climate and ecological justice.
Extinction Rebellion Worcestershire currently has a number of local groups and we are always happy to help set up more. At the moment we have XR Malvern, XR Bromsgrove, XR Worcester, and XR Wyre Forest.
You can contact us at email@example.com.
- Worcester Stop the Sewage MarchOn the 29th October we took to the streets! As part of XR’s national strategy of doing local actions at the end of every month, we held a march against the dumping of raw sewage in the Severn. Rebels marched along the river, stopping at Diglis to drop a banner and then down the high […]
- Worcester at the Cathedral Eco FairOn 7th October, we held a stall at the Worcester Cathedral Eco Fair. Members of XR spoke to members of the public about the climate crisis and what they can do about it. It was a very rewarding day for all involved and we had many positive conversations.
- Dancing through Worcester‘BEES’ and ‘flowers’ danced throughout Worcester city centre on Saturday before being sprayed with ‘insecticide’. We took to the city centre to surprise shoppers with a performance piece with a serious message. We dressed as bees and flowers and happily danced around Cathedral Square and High Street before being sprayed with a huge can of fake […]
- Wyre Forest XRThe Bridgenorth Green Festival on Saturday turned out to be a very successful, well attended event. Around a dozen Wyre Forest XR members showed up to offer Planet Medics street theatre, art blocking, the newly formed WFXR choir, citizens climate poll board and poetry. The XR Midland Rhythms band were a highlight of the day […]
- Wear a leaf to show you care about our climate and nature!Leaves for Climate is asking people to wear a leaf to encourage people to share their concerns and start conversations about finding climate and nature solutions.
- The Big One just got biggerIn January XRUK said it was prioritising relationships over roadblocks. Today we announce a groundbreaking lineup of NGOs, organisations, unions and movements that will join XR at The Big One from 21-24 April. Greenpeace, FoE, EarthDay.org, PCS Union, CND, Global Justice Now, Compass, Whale and Dolphin Conservation, Viva, Campaign Against Climate Change, Women’s Climate Action, […]
- Dirty Water – blue plaquesXR Worcester joined a UK-wide day of action unveiling blue plaques in Worcester, along with other Worcestershire XR groups, to highlight the impact on the River Severn of our local MPs’ voting record on the discharge of raw sewage. In Worcester, the plaque reads: “Worcester MP Robin Walker voted to block a law requiring water […]
- Worcester BarclaysOn Monday 14th November XR held a nationwide day of action to highlight how Barclays bank is the dirty man of Europe when it comes to continuing investment in fossil fuels. Over 25 XR Worcestershire supporters dressed as cleaners and oil heads were outside Worcester Barclays as part of the action. Here’s a video showing […]