Welcome to XR Worcestershire
This is home to Extinction Rebellion campaigns relating to the whole of Worcestershire and is where all the local groups come together. Our demands are that government (in all its forms) Tell The Truth about the climate and ecological emergency, Act Now to address climate change and biodiversity loss and move Beyond Politics to create a Citizen’s Assembly to lead the way to climate and ecological justice.
Extinction Rebellion Worcestershire currently has a number of local groups and we are always happy to help set up more. At the moment we have XR Malvern, XR Bromsgrove, XR Worcester, and XR Wyre Forest.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- XR Worcestershire Groups at County HallExtinction Rebellion members greeted the newly-elected Worcestershire County Council councillors as they arrived at County Hall. Waving banners and flags, we stood along the car park entrances and handed leaflets calling for the council to declare a climate emergency. Suzanne Savage, speaking for the group, said: “By 2050 we will be facing extreme heatwaves, wildfires, […]
- Rebellion of OneThe three activists joined more than 200 others across the UK, on Saturday 24th April, to block traffic and draw attention to lack of government action on the climate and ecological emergency. Protesters blocked City Walls Road and The Cross in Worcester while a third blocked a main road in Barnard’s Green, near Malvern. “This […]
- Bromsgrove bee actionExtinction rebellion supporters swarmed Bromsgrove High Street on Saturday April 24th to call on Worcestershire County Council to declare a climate emergency. Many of the activists dressed as bees to highlight the environmental threat to the species and our heavy reliance on them to provide food and pollinate plants. Two supporters also carried a giant […]
- Climate Crime SceneExtinction Rebellion Worcestershire performed a “climate crime scene” as street theatre in the centre of Worcester on Saturday 17th April, to highlight that Worcestershire County Council is putting future generations at risk due to their lack of action on the Climate and Ecological Emergency. The “crime scene” featured a faceless councillor stamping bits of paper […]
- The Deep Water projectThe next meeting is Wed 6th Jan 7:00pm – Click HERE to REGISTER Beyond our own plans for flooding actions in Worcestershire, there is a Midlands-wide project being developed by XR’s Midlands Outreach and Local Group Development team. Called ‘Deep Water’ it aims to coordinate flooding-related actions across the Midlands Region from the Marches to Lincolnshire (where […]
- Act Now Worcestershire County CouncilSaturday September 26th saw a fantastic turnout of socially distanced groups of six parading through Worcester City Centre. We had three groups of Faceless Bureaucrats, a forthright group of bees, cyclists, dinosaurs and our spectacular Rainbow Guardians. At noon we had a die in at Cathedral Plaza with around 50 people, plus a very impassioned […]
- Worcestershire Banner ActionThe Worcestershire XR groups organised an extremely impactful set of actions on Friday September 25th and Saturday September 26th. It was tremendous to have all local groups working together to focus our demands on the County Council. Friday saw huge banners displayed on four bridges surrounding Worcester, with the message “County Council! Act Now on Climate […]